STONEBRIDGE HOTEL MANAGER JOB POSTING - NOC 0632
Location: Stonebridge Hotel, 9713 Hardin Street, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 1L2
Start date: May 1, 2022
Salary Range: $65,000 - $72,000/year
One permanent, Full-time position available
Benefits: Medical and dental benefits, group insurance and life insurance, bonuses
Hotel Managers are responsible for managing employees and for planning, marketing, coordinating and administering hotel services such as catering and accommodation facilities. Hotel managers are responsible for making sure that all areas of a hotel environment run smoothly and work together successfully.
Hotel Managers keep track of the number of vacancies and reservations, and they try to keep occupancy rates as high as possible. They may order and approve social media and other advertisements or authorize discounts for rooms. Hotel Managers also make sure that employees complete tasks on schedule to increase productivity, complete employee evaluations, and adapt quickly to unexpected events like cancellations or last-minute reservations.
Other duties and responsibilities in a Hotel Manager job description may include, but not limited to:
- Answering phone calls when needed
- Helping employees prepare rooms for new reservations
- Keeping track of liquor, food and supply inventories, and ordering new supplies when needed
- Preparing for large events like weddings or conventions
- Inspecting rooms, pub, restaurant and other areas to ensure staff are keeping them clean and presentable. Creating maintenance work orders when required
- Checking rooms to make sure guests has left after a fire alarm or another emergency
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff
- Managing budgets while remaining competitive with the market
- Planning capital projects for the property along with routine maintenance projects
- Handling customer complaints and queries
- Promoting and marketing the business
- Relationship building with corporate clients and guests
- Knowledgeable of forthcoming community events
- Attend Fort McMurray Hotel and Lodging Association meetings
- Bank deposits
- Ensuring a positive and fun work environment
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws
Post graudate diploma in Hotel Management, Leisure, Business Management, Travel or Toursim degree would be acceptable.
Relevant work experience is essential for this profession; this can include hotel, catering and/or bar/restaurant management.
Ability to obtain ProServe and ProTect Certification from AGLC
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Reliability and stamina are essential in hotel management. Need excellent numerical, verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional customer service and time management skills.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org